- The economists to serve the people are not the people to serve the economy.
- Development is about people and not about objects.
- Growth is not the same as development and development does not necessarily require growth.
- No economy is possible in the absence of eco-system services.
- The economy is a sub-system of a larger finite system of biosphere, hence permanent growth is impossible.
What we have today is exactly the opposite [of this list].
Derrick Jensen (andra hälften av samma video):
… one of the problems that I see with the vast majority of so-called solutions to global warming is that they take industrial capitalism as a given and the planet which must conform to industrial capitalism, as opposed to the other way around.